In order to commemorate the occasion, I got a great idea from Cassie (one of the best bloggers around for those interested in food, fitness, craft and general awesomeness), who is also hitting this momentous milestone mid-year - a thirty before thirty bucket list.
I wanted my list to be fun, achievable and get me to a good place prior to commencing the next decade of my life. Some of the items represent a personal challenge (a day of veganism, for this cheese- and meat-loving gal?!), some represent pure hedonistic pursuits and others will encourage me to do the things I love, but don't always make time for. In any case, they all make me smile and I think that's a pretty good way of moving into a new chapter of one's life.
So here we go - 30 before 30, Georgia style (it's kinda like Gangnam style, only not really...):
5. Go vegetarian for a week (including one day of veganism)
6. Read at least one fiction book
8. Try 5 new (to me) beers
11. Lose 5kg
15. Have a picnic
17. Watch 5 movies on the IMDb Top 250 list that I've never seen
18. Bike ride into Melbourne and back home
22. Redecorate/reconfigure our "formal" lounge room to make it more usable
23. Learn how to decorate a cake
Cake made by Three Sweet Treats - the most beautiful and elegant cakes in Melbourne, in my humble opinion!
26. Go technology-free for 24 hours
Visit a winery
30. Knit a scarf for winter