Sunday, January 1, 2012

A brand spanking new year

Hello 2012! Am I glad to see you?! 2011 was far too dramatic for my liking. However, I suspect that 2012 may not be so different. There's a trip to Hong Kong, our wedding, the completion of my MBA and a new house on the cards, but you want to know the fabulous thing about all of this? They are "good-dramatic". None of this knee reconstruction business, thank you very much!

So, what's on the cards for this blog? Well, there will of course be more eating, reviewing, recipes and travel in 2012, but I'm pleased to inform you that I'll also be taking part in a year-long (yes, you read that right - eek!) A-Z cooking challenge conceived by fellow Melburnian, Laura and friend. There are 26 fortnights in a year and 26 letters in the alphabet. It is thus only fitting that each fortnight in 2012 I shall endeavour to cook something starting with 'A' and then 'B' and then...okay you know the drill!

My A-Z recipes won't be any old food, oh no! Instead, I shall attempt to create an index of ice-cream, an alphabet of affogato, a gazette of gelati. Why, I hear you ask? Because I was lucky enough to receive this brilliant, albeit admittedly somewhat lurid, ice-cream maker from my beloved for Christmas.

Check out the Cooking A-Z project here and feel free to join the party! What will my first ice-cream be? Apple? Apricot? Almond? Nope. I'm going to keep you guessing for just a little while longer!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for mentioning the challenge in your blog. You are too lovely! I hope it won't scare anyone away that the blog will be in both Finnish and English. :)

    That ice cream maker looks GOOD!!! I had a look at those at David Jones on Saturday and I was wondering if that was the kind that you got!!! I am soooo excited to see what kind of ice creams you will create!!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I'm sure it'll take more than a bilingual blog to keep eager food bloggers away ;)
    Yes, the ice-cream maker has been great so far. I experimented with a mascarpone, dark chocolate and hazelnut ice-cream for Christmas and have since made a berry sorbet and a pandan, coconut concoction. Lots of fun experimenting to come!

    Lizzy, thanks for the well wishes - you too! Hope you had a wonderful new year and a great (belated) birthday! (Obviously, I've *finally* had some time to catch up on blog reading!)

    ReplyDelete