In any case, here be my
five six beers:
1. Cantina Pura Cerveza (El Salvador)
Crisp, refreshing and good value for money. Paired well with some home made Mexican grub.
2. Hitachino Nest White Ale (Japan)
Very drinkable and props for the cute bottle. Enjoyed at Estelle Bar and Kitchen.
3. Lord Nelson Brewery Pale Ale (Australia)
Very easy (too easy... ;) ) to drink - paired with some spicy Thai at Sailors Thai in Sydney.
4. Steam Rail "The Gold Digger" Golden Ale (Australia)
Probably the least impressive of all the beers tried. At least it was shared with great friends and weather!
5. Mirboo Madness American Red Ale (Australia)
Limited edition. Smooth on the way down, but the aftertaste wasn't great. Value for money was also questionable. Just as well my home-made, crumbed barramundi with fresh coleslaw made up for it!
Perhaps not the best beer, but definitely the best nails of the lot!
6. So remember how I said I smashed this goal? Yep, I tried six, not five, but six new beers. and I've left the best until last. It was so good, in fact, that I forgot to take a photo of it while drinking it...on two occasions(!!), but that's surely a good sign.