Sunday, January 9, 2011

Running shenanigans - a brief update

It's been a while since I updated y'all on the progress of my running (read: slow waddling) endeavors, but I'm pleased to report that not all fitness was lost during the festive period. While I have certainly not managed as much training as I had hoped (1-2 times weekly is about all my life and body allow at present), I managed to run over 2km straight this week and felt I could have gone further. I pulled up at around the 2km mark because I want to be careful to ease into this new activity slowly. As a hyper-flexible and *reasonably* fit person, I'm all too familiar with my ability (talent?! hehehe!) to painlessly partake in certain activities only to find myself riddled with pain the following day. 


My 5km event is now less than a month away and I'm hoping to slowly build up from my 2km run this week. I realise this is ambitious and will be proud of myself for finishing the event irrespective of whether I am able to jog the entire distance.


**Note to any runners out there with an iPhone, the RunKeeper Pro app is free for the month of January - I have been using this (and previously the free version) and can certainly vouch for its ease of use and general niftiness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment