Paris - Bordeaux
Day 25 of our travels was pretty quiet, uneventful and photo-less. If anyone's still reading, here's a quick summary of events:
- After settling the hotel bill in the morning, we took a taxi to Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport where we were set to pick up our big brown Citroen C4 Picasso.
- The wait to collect the car was over one hour - I must say, I have been very disappointed in Avis France's customer service and communication to date...but that's another "unblogworthy" story!
- My beloved was the designated driver for the six hour drive to Bordeaux (during which time we stopped twice for food, toilet breaks and a stretch).
- The countryside between Paris and Bordeaux is delightful. I was surprised to see a lack of wineries or even distinct signage directing to wineries as we approached Bordeaux (there were only a handful). I can only assume that the illustrious vineyards of the Bordeaux region must be quite a distance from the highway.
- We arrived at our hotel at around 5:30pm and my beloved and I decided to stay in, as my foot had begun aching.
- As it was a Sunday, nearly everything nearby (including supermarkets!) were closed. As such, we munched on petrol station sangas and drank tea in our room - unexciting, but it filled a hole.